History of Texas Christian University [electronic resource] : a college of the cattle frontier / by Colby D. Hall
- Hall, Colby D. (Colby Dixon), 1875-1963
- Fort Worth, Texas : TCU Press, 2014.
- Anniversary edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 396 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Milestones -- The Southwest frontier and its schools -- The Clark family -- The beginnings in Fort Worth, 1869 -- Add-Ran College at Thorp Spring, 1873-1889 -- Add-Ran Christian University at Thorp Spring -- The features of a frontier college -- The range and the railroad make friends, 1895 -- The seven lean years, 1895-1902 -- Addison Clark, philalatheian, 1842-1911 -- Trail blazing for a bible college, 1895-1914 -- The school becomes an institution -- The glory of the small church college -- The fire and the third move, 1910 -- New roots in old soil, Fort Worth, 1910-1916 -- The Colleges of Medicine and Law, 1900-03, 1911-20 -- Struggles with war and finance, 1916-1923 -- The cattle frontier yields dividends -- The story of the Burnett Trust -- The seven fat years, 1923-1930 -- Through the depression years together, 1930-1940 -- The silver anniversary of Brite College of the Bible -- The trail of the Fighting Frogs, 1897-1945 -- The evolution of the curriculum and the faculty -- T. C. U. in World War II -- The new era of expansion, 1939-47 -- Related colleges -- Carlton College, 1865-1916 -- Carr-Burdette -- Lancaster, 1899-1902 -- Hereford, 1902-1915 -- Jarvis Institute, Jarvis College, Add-Ran Jarvis College, 1897-1909 -- Midland College, 1909-1922 -- Randolph College at Cisco, 1922-1937 -- Bay View College -- Jarvis Christian College, 1913 -- The colleges of the "Churches of Christ" -- Bibliography -- Appendices -- Appendix I; Spread of attendance in early years -- Appendix II; The record of enrollments -- Appendix III; List of trustees of T. C. U -- Appendix IV; Officers of the T. C. U. Board -- Appendix V; Trustees and officers of B. C. B -- Appendix VI; Roster of faculty members -- Appendix VII; List of student officers -- Appendix VIII; Charter.
- 9780875655871 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780875655888 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Originally published: Fort Worth : Texas Christian University Press, 1947.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19478393