HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa [electronic resource] : understanding the implications of culture & context / editors, Jean Baxen & Anders Breidlid
- Cape Town, South Africa : UCT Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 144 p. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Baxen, Jean, 1957- and Breidlid, Anders, 1947-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Researching HIV/AIDS and education in Sub-Saharan Africa : examining the gaps and challenges / Jean Baxen and Anders Breidlid -- What questions? HIV/AIDS educational research : beyond more of the same to asking different epistemological questions / Jean Baxen -- HIV/AIDS, cultural constraints, and educational intervention strategies / Anders Breidlid -- School culture, teacher identity, and HIV/AIDS / Bernice Adonis with Jean Baxen -- Examining religious leaders' and traditional healers' responses to HIV/AIDS in a modern community / Aysha Hattas -- Masculinising and feminising identities : factors shaping primary school learners' sexual identity construction in the context of HIV/AIDS / Hilda Rolls -- Performing masculine and feminine identities : sexuality and identity construction among youth in the context of HIV/AIDS / Mamatsoso Matsoso-Makhate with Gerald Wangenge-Ouma -- Grade 10 learners' conceptions of risk of HIV infection in four secondary schools in the Western Cape / Julia Kate Nupen with Gerald Wangenge-Ouma -- Cultural practices, gender, and HIV/AIDS : a study of young women's sexual positioning in the context of HIV/AIDS in South Africa / Marit Petersen -- HIV/AIDS educational research: epistemological and methodological implications -- Afterword : towards a hermeneutic understanding of HIV/AIDS in South Africa / Jean Baxen and Anders Breidlid.
- 9789280811797 and 9781919895185
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -133) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19478655