Horizons of enchantment [electronic resource] : essays in the American imaginary / Lene M. Johannessen
- Johannessen, Lene
- Hanover, N.H. : Dartmouth College Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 166 p. ; 23 cm.
- Re-mapping the transnational : a Dartmouth series in American studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: -- The imaginary -- "Perpetual progress" in Drude Krog Janson's A saloonkeeper's daughter -- Songs of different selves: Whitman and Gonzales -- The "long empty moment": Richard Ford's The sportswriter -- "Relations stretched out" in the American imaginary -- Recalling America: Huntington and Rodriguez.
- 9781584659990 (cloth : alk. paper)
1584659998 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781611680003 (pbk. : alk. paper)
161168000X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19479162