Hunter-gatherer behavior [electronic resource] : human response during the Younger Dryas / edited by Metin I. Eren
- Walnut Creek, CA : Left Coast Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- 281 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Eren, Metin I., 1982-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- On Younger Dryas climate change as a causal determinate of prehistoric hunter-gatherer culture change / Metin I. Eren -- Climate, technology, and society during the terminal Pleistocene period in South America / Tom D. Dillehay -- The human colonization of the high Andes and southern South America during the cold pulses of the late Pleistocene / Luis Alberto Borrero -- Kelp forests, coastal migrations, and the Younger Dryas : late Pleistocene and earliest Holocene human settlement, subsistence, and ecology on California's Channel Islands / Torben C. Rick and Jon M. Erlandson -- Evaluating the effect of the Younger Dryas on human population histories in the southeastern United States / Scott C. Meeks and David G. Anderson -- Hunter-gatherer adaptations of the Central Plains and Rocky Mountains of western North America / Jason M. LaBelle -- Coping with the Younger Dryas in the heart of Europe / Michael Jochim -- Europe in the Younger Dryas : animal resources, settlement, and funerary behavior / Stella M. Blockley and Clive S. Gamble -- The Younger Dryas and hunter-gatherer transitions to food production in the Near East / Cheryl A. Makarewicz -- The Younger Dryas in arid northeast Asia / Joshua Wright and Liza Janz -- Looking for the Younger Dryas / David J. Meltzer and Ofer Bar-Yosef.
- 9781598746020 (hardback : alk. paper)
1598746022 (hardback : alk. paper)
9781611327861 (institutional ebook)
1611327865 (institutional ebook)
9781611325256 (consumer ebook)
1611325250 (consumer ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19480552