Implicit and explicit language learning [electronic resource] : conditions, processes, and knowledge in SLA and bilingualism / Cristina Sanz and Ronald P. Leow, editors
- Washington, DC : Georgetown University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 229 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sanz, Cristina and Leow, Ronald P. (Ronald Philip), 1954-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Stubborn syntax : how it resists explicit teaching and learning / Bill VanPatten -- An epitaph for grammar : an abridged history / Arthur S. Reber -- Implicit and explicit SLA and their interface / Nick C. Ellis -- How analysis and control lead to advantages and disadvantages in bilingual processing / Ellen Bialystok -- Getting a grip on the slippery construct of awareness : toward a finer-grained methodological perspective / Ronald P. Leow, Ellen Johnson , and Germán Zárate-Sández -- Aging, pedagogical conditions, and differential success in SLA : an empirical study / Alison E.Lenet ... [et al.] -- Effects of feedback timing in SLA : a computer-assisted study on the Spanish subjunctive / Florencia Henshaw -- Working memory predicts the acquisition of explicit L2 knowledge / Jared A. Linck and Daniel J. Weiss -- The effects of formal instruction and study abroad contexts on foreign language development : the SALA project / Carmen Pérez-Vidal, Maria Juan-Garau, and Joan C. Mora -- Input processing principles : a contribution from first-exposure data / Rebekah Rast -- What is implicit and what is explicit in L2 speech? Findings from an oral corpus / Heather E. Hilton -- Explicit training and implicit learning of L2 phonemic contrasts / Fred R. Eckman ... [et al.] -- English speakers' perception of Spanish vowels : evidence for multiple-category assimilation / Leslie S. Gordon -- Early phonological acquisition in a set of English-Spanish bilingual twins / David Ingram ... [et al.] -- Language learning strategies in adult L3 acquisition : relationship between L3 development, strategy use, L2 levels, and gender / Hui-Ju Lin -- Effects of bilingualism on inhibitory control in elderly Brazilian bilinguals / Ingrid Finger, Johanna Dagort Billig, and Ana Paula Scholl.
- 9781589017290 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1589017293 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19483086