In a new land [electronic resource] : a comparative view of immigration / Nancy Foner
- Foner, Nancy, 1945-
- New York : New York University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 325 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The social construction of race in two immigrant eras -- Immigrants and African Americans -- Transnationalism old and new -- Immigrant women and work, then and now -- Being Black in London and New York : the Caribbean experience -- Place matters : comparative perspectives on the West Indian migrant experience -- Gendered transitions : Jamaican women in New York and London -- How exceptional is New York? : immigration in urban America -- Immigration past and present : some U.S.-Europe comparisons.
- 081472745X (acid-free paper)
0814727468 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 267-303) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19483301