In search of the talented tenth [electronic resource] : Howard University public intellectuals and the dilemmas of race, 1926-1970 / Zachery R. Williams
- Williams, Zachery R.
- Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 250 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Prelude to community: foundations of the Howard University intellectual community, 1890-1926 -- Messiah and leader: Mordecai Johnson and the making of the Howard University intellectual community, 1926-1960 -- Howard University intellectuals and the development of community in academia -- Public intellectuals and the black public sphere at Howard -- Bridging theory and practice: Africana policy studies and black studies institutes.
- 9780826218629 (cloth : alk. paper)
0826218628 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-233) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19483548