The inaugural addresses and ascension speeches of Nigerian elected and non-elected presidents and prime minister, 1960-2010 [electronic resource] / edited with an introduction by Solomon Williams Obotetukudo
- Lanham : University Press of America, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xx, 197 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Obotetukudo, Solomon Williams
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Sir Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa -- 2. Dr. Nnamdi Benjamin Azikiwe -- 3. Major General Johnson Thomas U. Aguiyi-Ironsi -- 4. Lieutenant Colonel (Later General) Yakubu Gowon -- 5. Brigadier (Later General) Murtala Ramat Mohammed -- 6. Brigadier (Later General) Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo -- 7. Alhaji Shehu Usman Shagari -- 8. General Muhammadu Buhari -- 9. General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida -- 10. Chief Ernest Adegunle Shonekan -- 11. General Sani Abacha -- 12. General Abdulsalami Abubakar -- 13. Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo -- 14. Umaru Musa Yar' Adua -- Epilogue: Communication and the Construction of Nigeria's National Purpose -- Appendixes: Coup Announcements 1966 -- 1990 -- Appendix A The Full Text of the First Military Coup Announcement in Nigeria, Delivered by Major Chukwuemeka Kaduna Nzeogwu, over Radio Nigeria in Kaduna, on January 15, 1966, Which Signaled the Ascension of Military into Nigerian Politics. and Appendix B The Full Text of the Coup Announcement by Colonel Joseph Nanven Garba on July 29, 1975, That Toppled General Yakubu Gowon and Led to the Ascension of Brigadier (Later General) Murtala Ramat Mohammed to Power -- Appendix C The Full Text of Lieutenant Colonel Bukar Sukar Dimka's Coup Announcement on February 13, 1976, That Ended the Life and the Government of General Murtala Ramat Mohammed, and Which Led to the Ascension of Brigadier (Later General) Olusegun Obasanjo to Power -- Appendix D The Full Text of Coup Announcement by Brigadier Sani Abacha on December 31, 1983, that Overthrew the Duly Elected Second Republic Executive Presidency of Alhaji Shehu Usman Shagari -- Appendix E The Full Text of Brigadier Joshua Dogonyaro Coup Announcement on August 27, 1985 that Toppled General Muhammadu Buhari -- Appendix F The Full Text of the Coup Announcement by Major Gideon Orkar, on April 30, 1990, that Failed to Topple the Military Government under General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida.
- 9780761852742 (pbk), 0761852743 (pbk), and 9780761852759 (ebk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 189-195).
View MARC record | catkey: 19483803