Indexing and retrieval of non-text information [electronic resource] / edited by Diane Rasmussen Neal
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter Saur, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 431 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Neal, Diane Rasmussen
- Knowledge and information, 1868-842X
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction to indexing and retrieval of non-text information / Diane Rasmussen Neal -- Precedent or preference? : the construction of genre and music recommender systems / Jason Neal -- Multilingual taxonomy development for ordinary images : issues and challenges / Elaine Ménard -- Access to editorial cartoons : the state of the art / Chris Landbeck -- Information behaviour and music information retrieval systems : using user accounts to guide design / Diane Rasmussen Neal, Niall Conroy -- Seeking what we have yet to know : a user-centred approach to designing music knowledge platforms / Margaret Lam, Matt Ratto -- Searching for music : end-user perspectives on system features / Athena Salaba, Yin Zhang -- A user study of moving image retrieval systems and system design implications for library catalogues / Yin Zhang, Athena Salaba -- An exploration of tags assigned to geotagged still and moving images on Flickr / Abebe Rorissa, Diane Rasmussen Neal, Jonathan Muckell, Alex Chaucer -- Exploring the effectiveness of ontology based tagging versus free text tagging / Maayan Zhitomirsky-Geffet, Judit Bar-Ilan, Yitzchak Miller, Snunith Shoham -- That obscure object of desire : facets for film access and discovery / Kathryn La Barre, Rosa Inês de Novais Cordeiro -- Designing and visualizing faceted geospatial ontologies from library knowledge organization systems / Olha Buchel -- Subject indexing of images : architectural objects with complicated history / Pawel Rygiel -- An image based retrieval system for engineering drawings / Renata Maria Abrantes Baracho Porto, Beatriz Valadares Cendón -- Emotion felt and depicted : consequences for multimedia retrieval / Kathrin Knautz -- The critical role of the cold-start problem and incentive systems in emotional Web 2.0 services / Tobias Siebenlist, Kathrin Knautz -- Non-textual information in gaming : a case study of World of warcraft / Caroline Whippey.
- 9783110260571 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19483967