The Industrial Revolution and the Atlantic economy [electronic resource] : selected essays / Brinley Thomas
- Thomas, Brinley, 1906-1994
- London ; New York : Routledge, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 260 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Britain's energy crisis in the seventeenth century -- The first Atlantic economy, 1700-1776 -- The end of the Charcoal Iron Age -- Feeding England, 1760-1846 : a view from the Celtic fringe -- Henry Cort and the primacy of Britain -- Robert Owen (1771-1858) -- Demographic determinants of British and American building cyckes, 1870-1913 -- Long swings and the Atlantic economy -- A cauldron of rebirth : the Industrial Revolution and the Welsh language -- A plea for an organic approach to economic growth.
- Essays, with some revisions and updating, most of which were previously published in various journals.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19484282