Industrial transformation and challenge in Australia and Canada [electronic resource] / edited by Roger Hayter and Peter D. Wilde
- Ottawa [Ont.] : Carleton University Press, 1990 (Beaconsfield, Quebec : Canadian Electronic Library, 2012).
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (x, 340 p.) : ill., maps, digital file
- Additional Creators:
- Hayter, Roger, 1947-, Wilde, Peter D., and Canadian Electronic Library (Firm)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1. Introduction: Industrial Transformation in a Changing Global Economy / Peter D. Wilde and Roger Hayter -- Perspective -- 2. The Changing Pacific Economy: Challenge to the PostIndustrial Economy / T.G. McGee -- 3. The Australian Economy in Transition / Godfrey J.R. Linge -- 4. Canada's Internal Core-Periphery Structure / David F. Walker -- 5. Telecommunications and International Electronic Information Services: Australian Perspectives / John V. Langdale -- Dimensions of Employment and Social Change -- 6. International Influences on Regional Unemployment Patterns in Canada during the 1981-84 Recession / Glenn B. Norcliffe and Donna Smith Featherstone -- 7. Labour Markets, Housing Markets and the Changing Family in Canada's Service Economy / David Ley and Caroline Mills -- 8. The Implications of International Change for Regional Work Force Structures and Characteristics in Australia / John McKay -- 9. Adaptation to Change and Uncertainty: The Social Implications for Australia / D. James Walmsley - Issues in Resource Development -- 10. Natural Resources and Economic Development: Canadian Perspectives / Thomas Gunton and John Richards -- 11. Internationalization and the Spatial Restructuring of Black Coal Production in Australia / Katherine Gibson -- 12. Industrial Restructuring and the Australian Food Industry: Corporate Strategy and Global Economy / R. H. Pagan and D. C. Rich -- 13. Resource Development and the Evolution of New Zealand Forestry Companies / Richard B. LeHeron -- 14. The Canadian Economy: A Geographer's Assessment of the MacDonald Royal Commission Report / Iain Wallace -- 15. Canada's Trade and Investment Links in the Pacific Region / Roger Hayter -- 16. Implications of Pacific Industrialization for Australian Structural Change / Peter D.Wilde -- 17. Whither Regional Policy? Australian and Canadian Perspectives / Peter McLoughlin and James B. Cannon -- 18. Industrial Policy in Canada and Australia: Technological Change and Support for Small Firms / John N. H. Britton -- 19. Concluding Statement / Roger Hayter and Peter D. Wilde.
- 9780773582385 (electronic bk.)
- Issued as part of the Canadian Electronic Library. Canadian publishers collection.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references: p. 305-340.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 19484287