Inside the American couple [electronic resource] : new thinking/new challenges / edited by Marilyn Yalom and Laura L. Carstensen
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2002.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 266 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Yalom, Marilyn and Carstensen, Laura L.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Biblical models / Marilyn Yalom -- Dearest friend / Edith B. Gelles -- "The thing bartered" / Kate Washington -- "Boston marriage" among lesbians / Esther D. Rothblum -- "You'll never walk alone" / Ellen Lewin -- The couple at home / Nel Noddings -- When one of us is ill / Mary Felstiner -- Wives and husbands working together / Cynthia Fuchs Epstein -- Grounds for marriage / Arlene Skolnick -- Divorce, American style / Deborah L. Rhode -- What's a wife worth? / Myra H. Strober -- Toward an understanding of Asian American interracial marriage and dating / Jeanne L. Tsai, Diane E. Przymus, and Jennifer L. Best -- Arranged marriages / Monisha Pasupathi -- Marriage in old age / Susan Turk Charles and Laura L. Carstensen.
- 0520219759 (Cloth : alk. paper) and 0520229576 (Paper : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19485058