Introduction to polymer rheology [electronic resource] / Montgomery T. Shaw
- Shaw, Montgomery T.
- Additional Titles:
- Polymer rheology
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 395 pages : illustrations ; 26cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Providing new students and practitioners with an easy-to-understand introduction to the theory and practice an often complicated subject, Introduction to Polymer Rheology incorporates worked problems and problems with appended answers to provide opportunities for review and further learning of more advanced concepts. By limiting the use of mathematics within an approachable format, this introductory overview ensures practicing scientists and engineers understand the concepts underlying the flow behavior of polymer melts, solutions, and suspensions, and are able to interpret experimental data correctly and provide additional insight on a process"--
"The book ensures readers understand the concepts underlying the flow behavior of polymer melts, solutions and suspensions, and are able to interpret experimental data correctly and provide additional insight on a process. Eleven chapters include the following topics: introduction, stress, velocity and rate of deformation, relationship between stress and rate of deformation (Newtonian fluid), generalized Newtonian fluids, normal stresses and ordinary behavior for polymers, experimental methods, strain, the molecular origins of rheological behavior, elementary polymer processing concepts, quality control in rheology, and the flow of modified polymers and those with supermolecular structures"--
- 9780470388440 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19487673