Inventing authority [electronic resource] : the use of the Church Fathers in Reformation debates over the Eucharist / Esther Chung-Kim
- Chung-Kim, Esther, 1973-
- Waco, Tex. : Baylor University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 197 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : reformation of the ancient tradition : interpreting the Fathers in the eucharistic debates -- Colloquy of Marburg (1529) : the Fathers as allies or liabilities -- John Calvin's use of the Fathers in the Institutes and New Testament commentaries -- John Calvin and Joachim Westphal : first phase of the debate (1555-1556) -- Calvin and Westphal, continued : second phase of the debate (1557-1558) -- Calvin versus Hesshusen : the Fathers as a challenge to biblical interpretation -- Use of the Fathers at the Colloquy of Montbéliard (1586) : Theodore Beza versus Jakob Andreae.
- 9781602582132 (hardback : alk. paper)
1602582130 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 179-188) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19487892