Invisible families [electronic resource] : gay identities, relationships, and motherhood among Black women / Mignon R. Moore
- Moore, Mignon R.
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 298 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: two sides of the same coin : revising analyses of lesbian sexuality and family formation through the study of Black women -- Coming into the life : entrance into gay sexuality for Black women -- Gender presentation in Black lesbian communities -- Marginalized social identities : self-understandings and group membership -- Lesbian motherhood and discourses of respectability -- Family life and gendered relations between women -- Openly gay families and the negotiation of Black community and religious life -- Conclusion : intersections, extensions, and implications.
- 9780520269514 (cloth : alk. paper), 0520269519 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780520269521 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0520269527 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-287) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19488071