Katrina's imprint [electronic resource] : race and vulnerability in America / edited by Keith Wailoo ... [et al.].
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 209 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wailoo, Keith
- Rutgers studies in race and ethnicity
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : Katrina's impact / Keith Wailoo, Karen M. O'Neill, and Jeffrey Dowd -- Who sank New Orleans? How engineering the river created environmental injustice / Karen M. O'Neill -- Invisible tethers : transportation and discrimination in the age of Katrina / Mia Bay -- A slow, toxic decline : dialysis patients, technological failure, and the unfulfilled promise of health in America / Keith Wailoo -- The ship of state : framing an understanding of federalism and the perfect disaster / Roland Anglin -- Seeing Katrina's dead / Ann Fabian -- Second-lining the jazz city : jazz funerals, Katrina, and the reemergence of New Orleans / Richard Mizelle Jr. -- Racism, trauma and resilience : the psychological impact of Katrina / Nancy Boyd-Franklin -- The haunted houses of New Orleans : Gothic homelessness and African American experience / Evie Shockley -- Rebroadcasting Katrina : blame, vulnerability, and post-2005 disaster commentary / Keith Wailoo and Jeffrey Dowd -- Protecting our assets : private and public responses to Katrina / John R. Aiello and Lyra Stein -- The labor market impact of natural disasters / William M. Rodgers III -- The Katrina diaspora : dislocation and the reproduction of segregation and employment inequality / Niki T. Dickerson -- Katrina and the myth of self-sufficiency / David Dante Troutt -- Race, vulnerability, and recovery / Keith Wailoo, Karen M. O'Neill, and Jeffrey Dowd.
- 9780813547732 (hc : alk. paper), 9780813547749 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0813547733 (hc : alk. paper), and 0813547741 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19491833