Keepin' it hushed [electronic resource] : the barbershop and African American hush harbor rhetoric / Vorris L. Nunley
- Nunley, Vorris
- Additional Titles:
- Keeping it hushed
- Detroit : Wayne State University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 214 p. ; 23 cm.
- African American life series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Beyond difference: mapping and theorizing hush harbor spatiality rhetoric and knowledge -- Hush harbors: spatiality, race, and not-so-public spheres -- Wingin' it: barbershops and the work of nommo in the novel -- Poetic hush harbors: barbershops as black paideias -- Barbers and customers as philosophers in memoir and drama -- Commodifying neoliberal blackness: faux hush harbor rhetoric in barbershop -- Hush harbor pedagogy: pathos-driven hearing and pedagogy -- A question of ethics? Hush harbor rhetoric and rationalities in a neoliberal age.
- 9780814333488 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0814333486 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19491874