Labor in the new economy [electronic resource] / edited by Katharine G. Abraham, James R. Spletzer, and Michael Harper
- Corporate Author:
- Conference on Research in Income and Wealth (2007 : Bethesda, Md)
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 507 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Abraham, Katharine G., Spletzer, James, Harper, Michael J., and National Bureau of Economic Research
- Studies in income and wealth ; v. 71
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Trends in compensation and job quality. What do we really know about changes in wage inequality? / Thomas Lemieux ; comment: Lawrence F. Katz -- Recent trends in compensation inequality / Brooks Pierce ; comment: Daniel S. Hamermesh -- Are the new jobs good jobs? / Katharine G. Abraham and James R. Spletzer ; comment: Erica L. Groshen -- New data for answering old questions regarding employee stock options / Kevin F. Hallock and Craig A. Olson ; comment: Chris Riddell -- Labor market dynamics, job security, and job attachment. Adjusted estimates of worker flows and job openings in JOLTS / Steven J. Davis, R. Jason Faberman, John C. Haltiwanger and Ian Rucker ; comment: Robert E. Hall -- Job loss and the decline in job security in the United States / Henry S. Farber ; comment: Ann Huff Stevens -- What do we know about contracting out in the United States?: evidence from household and establishment surveys / Matthew Dey, Susan Houseman and Anne Polivka ; comment: Daniel G. Sullivan -- Measuring tradable services and the task content of offshorable services jobs / J. Bradford Jensen and Lori G. Kletzer ; comment: Susan M. Collins -- Hours of work. Why do BLS hours series tell different stories about trends in hours worked? / Harley Frazis and Jay Stewart ; comment: Charles Brown -- The effects of changing demographics. The effect of population aging on the aggregate labor market / Bruce Fallick, Charles Fleischman and Jonathan Pingle ; comment: Gary Burtless -- Emerging labor market trends and workplace safety and health / Nicole Nestoriak and John Ruser ; comment: Jeff E. Biddle -- Measuring labor composition: a comparison of alternate methodologies / Cindy Zoghi ; comment: Stephanie Aaronson.
- 9780226001432 (alk. paper) and 0226001431 (alk. paper)
- Includes revised versions of the papers and discussions presented at the Conference on Research in Income and Wealth, held in Bethesda, Maryland, Nov. 16-17, 2007.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19492938