The leader's guide to radical management [electronic resource] : reinventing the workplace for the 21st century / Stephen Denning
- Denning, Stephen
- San Francisco, Calif. : Jossey-Bass, c2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 326 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Preface. -- Introduction. -- 1 Management Today. -- 2 A Brief History of Management. -- 3 What Radical Management Means. -- Part One: The Seven Principles Continuous Innovation. -- 4 Principle #1: Delighting Clients. -- 5 Principle #2: Self-Organizing Teams. -- 6 Principle #3: Client-Driven Iterations. -- 7 Principle #4: Delivering Value to Clients in Each Iteration. -- 8 Principle #5: Radical Transparency. -- 9 Principle #6: Continuous Self-Improvement. -- 10 Principle #7: Interactive Communication. -- Part Two: Implementation. -- 11 A River of Cascading Conversations. -- 12 Epilogue. -- Appendix: Summary of Radical Management Practices -- Notes -- Acknowledgments. -- About the Author. -- Index.
- "A radical new management model for twenty-first century leadersOrganizations today face a crisis. The crisis is of long standing and its signs are widespread. Most proposals for improving management address one element of the crisis at the expense of the others. The principles described by award-winning author Stephen Denning simultaneously inspire high productivity, continuous innovation, deep job satisfaction and client delight. Denning puts forward a fundamentally different approach to management, with seven inter-locking principles of continuous innovation: focusing the entire organization on delighting clients; working in self-organizing teams; operating in client-driven iterations; delivering value to clients with each iteration; fostering radical transparency; nurturing continuous self-improvement and communicating interactively. In sum, the principles comprise a new mental model of management.Author outlines the basic seven principles of continuous innovationThe book describes more than seventy supporting practicesDenning offers a rethinking of management from first principlesThis book is written by the author of The Secret Language of Leadership--a Financial Times Selection in Best Books of 2007"--
- 9780470548684 (hc)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19494631