Loneliness & lament [electronic resource] : a journey to receptivity / Patricia Joy Huntington
- Huntington, Patricia J.
- Additional Titles:
- Loneliness and lament
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 315 p. ; 24 cm.
- Indiana series in the philosophy of religion
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Prelude: A wayfarer's song -- Part I: Life is song : the quest for music and meaning -- Fitful dreams -- Life and the fight for word -- Primitive aloneness : our true home -- Receptivity and the quest for meaning-filled living -- Loneliness and deliverance -- Part II: Lamentation and woe : the quest for the mother -- Shadows of sorrow-filled lamentation -- Ode to the cup of bitterness -- Pain and bearing -- Lamentation and sorrow -- Tears for want of comforting protection -- Loneliness whom I must befriend -- Where joy and sorrow meet -- Part III: Intimacy and bearing : the quest for the Father -- Life's masculine character -- For what are we set up? -- Soft words for mother -- For what divine operation are we set up? -- Journey to the land where heart grows -- Pain and intimacy : the pause in bearing -- One step-- along the way -- A resonant chorus.
- 9780253352989 (cloth : alk. paper)
0253352983 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780253220677 (pbk. : alk. paper)
025322067X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19498685