Maltese in Michigan [electronic resource] / Joseph M. Lubig
- Lubig, Joseph M.
- East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 90 p. : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Discovering the peoples of Michigan
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A short history of Malta -- The Maltese as early patriots in America -- Coming to America prior to World War II -- World War II and immigration -- One family's journey -- Connections to the Church -- The struggle to become "American" -- Keeping the Maltese identity -- The measure of success -- Appendix 1: Maltese food -- Appendix 2: A eulogy for Mary Stella and Michael L. Zampa, delivered by Victor M. Zampa -- Appendix 3: Maltese surnames -- Appendix 4: Language -- Appendix 5: 2000 census of Maltese in Michigan -- Appendix 6: Reflections on World War II -- Appendix 7: Maltese ethnic and social organizations.
- 9781611860191 (paper : alk. paper) and 1611860199 (paper : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19500497