Mapping race [electronic resource] : critical approaches to health disparities research / edited by Laura E. Gómez and Nancy López
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 225 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gómez, Laura E., 1964- and López, Nancy, 1969-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : taking the social construction of race seriously in health disparities research / Laura E. Gómez -- The politics of framing health disparities markets and justice / Jonathan Kahn -- Looking at the world through race colored glasses : the fallacy of ascertainment bias in biomedical research and practice / Joseph L. Graves Jr. -- Ethical dilemmas in statistical practice the problem of race in biomedicine / Jay S. Kaufman -- A holistic alternative to current survey research approaches to race / John A. Garcia -- Organizational practice and social constraints problems of racial identity data collection in cancer care and research / Simon J. Craddock Lee -- Lessons from political science health status and improving how we study race / Gabriel R. Sánchez and Vickie D. Ybarra -- Advancing Asian American mental health research by enhancing racial identity measures / Derek Kenji Iwamoto, Mai M. Kindaichi, and Matthew Miller -- Representing the multi-dimensionality of race in survey research / Aliya Saperstein -- How racial-group comparisons create misinformation in depression research using racial identity theory to conceptualize health disparities / Janet E. Helms and Ethan H. Mereish -- Jedi public health leveraging contingencies of social identity to grasp and eliminate racial health inequality / Arline T. Geronimus -- Epilogue : lived race-gender and the racialized-gendered social determinants of health meaningful data collection in health disparities and beyond / Nancy López.
- 9780813561370 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813561363 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19501401