Migration and social upheaval in the face of globalization in Central Asia [electronic resource] / edited by Marlene Laruelle
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 413 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Laruelle, Marlène
- Social sciences in Asia ; v. 34
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Structures of international migration in Central Asia / Elena Y. Sadovskaya -- Labor migration during the 2008-9 Global Economic Crisis / Erica Marat -- To Stay or not to Stay: the Global Economic Crisis and return migration to Tajikistan / Saodat Olimova -- Kazakhstan: Central Asia's new migration crossroads / Marlene Laruelle -- Internal migration in Kyrgyzstan: a geographical and sociological study of rural migration / Aida Aaly Alymbaeva -- Azerbaijanis in Russia: an imagined diaspora? / Adeline Braux -- Kyrgyz migrants in Moscow: public policies, migratory strategies, and associative networks / Asel Dolotkeldieva -- Former "colonists" on the move? the Migration of Russian-speaking populations / Sebastien Peyrouse -- The Central Asian States and their co-ethnics from Abroad: diaspora policies and repatriation programs / Olivier Ferrando -- From Uzbek Qishlok to Tajik Samarkand: rural depopulation as a migration of identity / Sophie Massot -- Economic migrations from Uzbekistan to Moscow, Seoul, and New York: sacrifice or rite of passage? / Sophie Massot -- Femininity in flux migration, masculinity, and transformations of social space in the Sokh Valley, Uzbekistan / Madeleine Reeves -- Transition, migration, capitalism: female Uzbek shuttle traders in istanbul the Feminization of Tajik labor migration to Russia / Nafisa Khusenova -- Projects and migratory strategies of omen belonging to the Tashkent intelligentsia / Stephanie Belouin.
- 9789004226814 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9004226818 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19505626