A more conservative place [electronic resource] : intellectual culture in the Bush era / Paul A. Bove
- Bové, Paul A., 1949-
- Hanover, N.H. : Dartmouth College Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 261 p. ; 24 cm.
- Re-mapping the transnational: a Dartmouth series in American studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- A retrospective introduction -- American universalism and its democracy -- Area studies revisited -- The American state allegorizes the ruins -- Can American studies be "area studies"? -- Critical poetics: American resources for theorizing America -- Curiosity in the education of Henry Adams -- Can we judge the humanities by their future as a course of study? -- Humanities and the changing role of worldly engagement -- Rights discourse in the age of U.S.-China trade -- Historical humanist, American style -- The ineluctability of American empire -- The intellectual as a contemporary phenomenon -- The end of thinking: intellectual failure in the new world order -- Why the neocons hate Henry Adams.
- 9781611683424 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781611683691 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9781611683707
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19507743