Mother Earth and Uncle Sam [electronic resource] : how pollution and hollow government hurt our kids / Rena I. Steinzor
- Steinzor, Rena
- Austin, TX : University of Texas Press, c2008.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 271 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Predicates -- The rise of special-interest conservatism -- Battered-agency syndrome -- Corporations and the commons -- Mercury case study -- Perchlorate case study -- Ozone case study -- A question of values -- New government.
- Environmentally induced diseases in children—United States
- Pollution—Government policy—United States
- Pollution—Law and legislation—United States
- Pollution—Health aspects—United States
- Environmental policy—United States
- Children and the environment—United States
- Child Welfare—United States
- Environmental Pollution—adverse effects—United States
- Environment—United States
- Environmental Exposure—adverse effects—United States
- Politics—United States
- Prenatal Exposure Delayed Effects—United States
- United States Government Agencies—United States
- 9780292716896 (cloth : alk. paper)
0292716893 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780292716902 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0292716907 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -255) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19507981