Murder and the reasonable man [electronic resource] : passion and fear in the criminal courtroom / Cynthia Lee
- Lee, Cynthia, 1961-
- New York : New York University Press, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 371 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Female infidelity -- Unreasonable women, gay men, and men of color -- Gay panic -- Culture and crime -- An overview of the doctrine of self-defense -- Race and self-defense -- Race and police use of deadly force -- The elusive meaning of reasonableness -- Toward a normative conception of reasonableness -- The act-emotion distinction.
- 0814751156 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 349-364) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19508627