Music therapy and neurological rehabilitation [electronic resource] : performing health / edited by David Aldridge
- London ; Philadelphia : J. Kingsley Publishers, 2005.
- 1st American pbk. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 302 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Aldridge, David, 1947-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Looking for the why, how and when ; Gesture and dialogue : music therapy as praxis aesthetic and embodied hermeneutic ; Dialogic degenerative diseases and health as a performed aesthetic / David Aldridge -- An overview of therapeutic initiatives when working with patients suffering from dementia / Hanne Mette Ridder -- Music therapy in neurorehabilitation with people who have experienced traumatic brain injury : a literature review / Simon K. Gilbertson -- Encounter with the conscious being of patients in persistent vegetative state / Ansgar Herkenrath -- 'Swing in my brain' : active music therapy for people living with multiple sclerosis / Wolfgang Schmid -- A music therapy intervention for patients suffering with chronic aphasia : a controlled study / Monika Jungblut -- 'Traditional oriental music therapy' in neurological rehabilitation / Gerhard Tucek -- What are the therapeutic effects of art therapies in the primary treatment of paraplegic patients? : a qualitative study with 21 patients treated at the herdecke community hospital / Anke Scheel-Sailer -- Coda / David Aldridge.
- 9781843103028 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1843103028 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references ( p. 265-290) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19508902