Mysticism and madness [electronic resource] : the religious thought of Rabbi Nachman of Bratslav / by Zvi Mark
- Mark, Zvi
- Uniform Title:
- Shigaʻon ṿe-daʻat bi-yetsirat R. Naḥman mi-Breslav. English
- London ; New York : Continuum ; [Jerusalem] : Shalom Hartman Institute, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 306 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Imagination, prophecy and faith : the role of the imagination in religious life, and the character of Bratslavian faith -- On the character of mystical experiences -- Unification : hints, sparks and melody : on the Bratslavian service of God -- Silence and melody facing the void : on the place of the mystic melody in the confrontation with heresy in the writings of R. Nachman of Bratslav -- The land of imagination -- 'Smallness' and 'greatness' and their roots in the kabbalah of the Ari -- The ultimate purpose of knowing is that we do not know -- 'The story of the humble king' : on laughter and foolishness in the service of God.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19509265