Neuroscience [electronic resource] : a historical introduction / Mitchell Glickstein
- Glickstein, Mitchell
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : The MIT Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 407 pages : illustration ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Overview of the nervous system: structures and functions -- The structure of nerve cells and their supporting tissues -- Electrical transmission in the nervous system -- Chemical transmission and the mechanism of drug action -- Sensation -- Vision and the eye -- Vision: central mechanisms -- Audition -- Somesthesis and vestibular sense -- Chemical, heat, and electrical senses -- Reflexes -- Brain control of movement -- Learning and memory -- Motivation -- Language and the brain -- Neurological disease -- Personality and emotion -- Mental illness and the history of surgical and drug treatment -- Consciousness and the techniques for study of the human brain -- Conclusion.
- 9780262026802 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19511082