The new science of cities [electronic resource] / Michael Batty
- Batty, Michael
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : MIT Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xx, 496 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- List of figures -- List of tables -- Preface -- Acknowledgements -- Preamble -- Prerequisites and foundations -- Building a science of cities -- EBB and flow : interaction, gravity, and potential -- Connections and correlations : the science of networks -- The science of cities -- The growth of cities : rank, size, and clocks -- Hierarchies and networks -- Urban structure as space syntax -- Distance in complex networks -- Fractal growth and form -- Urban simulation -- The science of design -- Hierarchical design -- Markovian design machines -- A theory for collective action -- Urban development as exchange -- Plan design as committee decision-making -- Conclusions: a future science -- References -- Author index -- Subject index.
- 9780262019521 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 461-478) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19512152