MWH's water treatment : principles and design
- Additional Titles:
- Water treatment
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley and Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed. / rev. by John C. Crittenden [and others].
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Crittenden, John C. (John Charles), 1949-, Montgomery Watson Harza (Firm), and Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Frontmatter -- Introduction -- Physical and Chemical Quality of Water -- Microbiological Quality of Water -- Water Quality Management Strategies -- Principles of Chemical Reactions -- Principles of Reactor Analysis and Mixing -- Principles of Mass Transfer -- Chemical Oxidation and Reduction -- Coagulation and Flocculation -- Gravity Separation -- Granular Filtration -- Membrane Filtration -- Disinfection -- Air Stripping and Aeration -- Adsorption -- Ion Exchange -- Reverse Osmosis -- Advanced Oxidation -- Disinfection/Oxidation by-Products -- Removal of Selected Constituents -- Residuals Management -- Internal Corrosion of Water Conduits -- Synthesis of Treatment Trains: Case Studies from Bench to Full Scale -- Appendix A: Conversion Factors -- Appendix B: Physical Properties of Selected Gases and Composition of Air -- Appendix C: Physical Properties of Water -- Appendix D: Standard Atomic Weights 2001 -- Appendix E: Electronic Resources Available on the John Wiley & Sons Website for This Textbook -- Index.
- "Updating the most comprehensive and complete guide to water treatment planning and design, this edition maintains the book's broad scope and reach, while reaching the working professional with additional worked problems and new treatment approaches. It covers both the principles and theory of water treatment as well as the practical considerations of plant design and distribution. The contents have been updated to cover changes to regulatory requirements, testing methodology, and design approaches, as well as the emergent topics of pharmacological agents in the water supply and treatment strategies"--
- 9781118131473 (electronic bk.)
1118131479 (electronic bk.)
- Related Titles:
- Water treatment principles and design
- Revised edition of: Water treatment principles and design. 2nd ed. c2005.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Endowment Note:
- J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books
View MARC record | catkey: 19514599