Fighting the death penalty : a fifty-year journey of argument and persuasion / Eugene G. Wanger
- Wanger, Eugene G.
- East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages cm)
- Foreword, by Michael L. Radelet; Preface; 1. Committee Proposal 20 of the Legislative Powers Committee of the Michigan Constitutional Convention, Dated January 11, 1962 [authored by Mr. Wanger, it was adopted by the Convention with only three dissenting votes]; 2. Reasons in Support of Committee Proposal 20, Submitted by the Committee on Legislative Powers to the Convention on January 11, 1962 [authored by Mr. Wanger]; 3. Verbatim Debate of the Michigan Constitutional Convention on Committee Proposal 20, on January 16 and April 30, 1962, from its Official Record, 595-598, 2968
4. Legislative Committee Hearing Testimony, March 15, 19735. Does the Parole Risk of Convicted Murderers Justify Reviving the Death Penalty in Michigan? (Leaflet), March, 1974; 6. Death-Ultimate Penalty-Proves Itself the Ultimate Injustice for All (Leaflet), April 30, 1974; 7. Michigan Advisory Commission on Criminal Justice Hearing Testimony, February 10, 1975; 8. Death Ban Defended-Michigan Committee against Capital Punishment Press Release, April 7, 1975; 9. Michigan Advisory Commission on Criminal Justice Hearing Testimony, April 7, 1975
10. Why We Should Reject Capital Punishment (Pamphlet), 1978 [originally published by the Citizens Research Council of Michigan]11. Why Michigan Republicans Should Oppose the Death Penalty (Brochure), August, 1980 [for the Republican State Convention]; 12. Capital Punishment and Law Enforcement, September 26, 1975 [included in Brochure #11]; 13. Eye for Eye No Aid, by Michigan Lt. Governor James Brickley, 1974 [included in Brochure #11]
14. Representative Assembly of the State Bar of Michigan Speech, September 23, 1982 [it subsequently voted to oppose repeal of the State's constitutional death penalty ban by a margin of more than 2 to 1]15. Michigan Committee Against Capital Punishment History (Leaflet), October, 1991; 16. The Death Penalty-What it Does to the Living, by William Kime and Eugene G. Wanger (Brochure), April, 1993; 17. Legislative Committee Hearing Testimony, September 8, 1994
18. What Prosecutors Won't Tell You, by Robert M. Morgenthau (Leaflet), February, 1995 (America's most distinguished prosecutor) [Abstract]19. Legislative Committee Hearing Testimony, July 13, 1995; 20. Legislative Committee Hearing Written Testimony, October 7, 1997, with covering letter; 21. Will Innocent Persons Be Executed?-Another Perspective, by Michael Radelet (Leaflet), November, 1998; 22. Michigan's Historic Ban of Capital Punishment (Leaflet), December, 1998; 23. The Cot of Capital Punihment (Leaflet), December, 1998
- 9781609175160 (electronic bk.)
1609175166 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19515383