Theory of elasticity and stress concentration / Yukitaka Murakami
- Murakami, Y. (Yukitaka), 1943-
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Theory of Elasticity. Stress -- Strain -- Relationship between Stresses and Strains -- Equilibrium Equations -- Saint Venant's Principle and Boundary Conditions -- Two Dimensional Problems -- Torsion of a Bar with Uniform Section -- Energy Principles -- Finite Element Method -- Bending of Plates -- Deformation and Stress in Cylindrical Shells -- Thermal Stress -- Contact Stress -- Answers and Hints for Part I Problems -- Appendix for Part I -- Stress Concentration. Stress Concentration in Two Dimensional Problems -- Stress Concentration at Cracks -- Stress Concentration in Three Dimensional Problems -- Interaction Effects of Stress Concentration -- Notch Effect and Size Effect in Fatigue -- Stress Concentration in Plate Bending -- Relevant Usage of Finite Element Method -- Hollow Cylinder Subjected to Internal or External Pressure -- Circular Disk Subjected to Concentrated Point Forces -- Stress Concentration by Point Force -- Stress Concentration by Thermal Stress -- Stress Concentration Due to Dislocations -- Stress Concentration Due to Contact Stress -- Strain Concentration -- Answers and Hints for Part II Problems -- Appendices for Part II -- Index
- "Theory of Elasticity and Stress Concentration comprehensively covers elasticity and stress concentration and demonstrates how to apply the theory to practical engineering problems. It presents a new approach to the topic without the need for complicated mathematics and the principles and meaning of stress concentration are covered without reliance on numerical analysis. Examples are included throughout and end of chapter problems and solutions are also provided."--
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19515842