The 21st-century singer : making the leap from the university into the world / Susan Mohini Kane
- Kane, Susan Mohini
- Additional Titles:
- Twenty-first-century singer, 21st century singer, and Twenty-first century singer
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 250 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction: a brave new world. First impressions: taking inventory, taking auditions. pt. 1. Taking inventory of skills -- pt. 2. Taking inventory of support teams and resources -- pt. 3. Taking auditions. Inner compass: singing with purpose and destination so that you won't quit. pt. 1. Your purpose/mission -- pt. 2. Your work and its destination -- pt. 3. "Making it". Innovative stages: trend spotting, finding your niche. pt. 1. Bright spots and trend spotting -- pt. 2. Finding your niche. Making a living: added value, authentic image, strategic plan. pt. 1. Adding value to your singing -- pt. 2. Professional public image -- pt. 3. Strategic five-year plan.
- 9780199364275 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 237-241) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19516910