Photoshop CS6 [electronic resource] : top 100 simplified tips & tricks / by Lynette Kent
- Kent, Lynette
- Additional Titles:
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Indianapolis, IN : John Wiley & Sons, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 278 p. : col. ill. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Make Photoshop Work for You -- Work with Layers, Selections, and Masks -- Straighten, Crop, and Resize -- Retouch Portraits -- Enhance Colors, Tone, and Sharpness in Photos -- Process Photos in Camera Raw -- Make Magic with Digital Special Effects -- Design with Text Effects -- Create Digital Artwork from Photographs -- Give Your Images a Professional Presentation -- Plug In to Photoshop. and Make Photoshop work for you. Select the color setting for your projects ; Choose your preferred color for the interface and screen modes ; Set the preferences for the way you work ; Create your own customized workspace ; Change your window views ; Customize your view of Bridge ; Save time finding your images with the Mini Bridge ; Add a keyboard shortcut for a favorite filter; Create a custom action to increase your efficiency ; Design a custom brush with your settings ; Load optional brush sets for better painting ; Customize a gradient to suit your design ; Make Photoshop take notes for you ; Calibrate and profile your monitor for accurate editing ; Turn on the full power of Photoshop with a pen tablet -- Work with layers, selections, and masks. Edit an image with added layers and blending modes ; Organize the layers panel with names and colors ; Use layer filters to quickly find the layer you need ; Modify a photo with an on-image adjustment tool ; Add layers as smart objects for flexible changes ; Apply filters as smart filters for dynamic adjustments ; Make a selection with the quick selection tool ; Paint a quick mask to make a detailed selection ; Select just skin tones and adjust only the faces ; Adjust a selection with the refine edge tool ; Blend two photos together with an automatic layer mask ; Use a gradient fill layer to improve your image ; Use auto-align and auto-blend layers to combine photos ; Create photograph designs with vector layers -- Straighten, crop, and resize. Crop your images using guides to improve composition ; Easily level a crooked horizon ; Expand the canvas with a reverse crop ; Crop creatively for a diptych, triptych, or quadriptych ; Change your perspective with the crop tool ; Correct geometric distortion with the lens correction filter ; Improve the field of view with the adaptive wide angle filter ; Assemble a panorama using photomerge automation ; Resize your image with minimal visible loss -- Retouch portraits. Improve the skin with the spot healing brush and layers ; Reduce wrinkles for a more youthful appearance ; Soften the skin naturally ; Remove the glare from eyeglasses ; Change eye color digitally ; Lighten the irises with a gradient layer ; Brighten the eyes by lightening the white; Add depth to the eyes and lips to enhance them ; Make the eyes come alive with a digital catchlight ; Selectively sharpen just the eyes to add focus ; Improve a smile by whitening teeth -- Enhance colors, tone, and sharpness in photos. Improve a photo with an auto setting ; Improve an overexposed photo in three steps ; Improve contrast with a curves adjustment layer ; Remove a colorcast to improve the overall color ; Hand-tint a black-and-white photograph ; Convert a color photo to a black-and-white photo ; Add a touch of color to a black-and-white conversion ; Improve exposure with a dodge and burn layer ; Increase saturation subtly using a vibrance adjustment layer ; Change the highlights and shadows nondestructively ; Sharpen the photo to correct digital softening ; Apply high pass sharpening to increase edge sharpness ; Alter depth of field with a digital blur -- Process photos in Camera Raw. Set the preferences to open any image in Camera Raw ; Open Camera Raw files as smart objects automatically ; Recover brown highlights with Camera Raw ; Synchronize the white balance for a group of images ; Visually adjust the tone curve with the targeted adjustment tool ; Improve a sky with the Camera Raw graduated filter ; Create a split tone in Camera Raw for a special effect ; Add creative adjustments with Camera Raw -- Make magic with digital special effects. Apply a photo filter for dynamic adjustments ; Add a vignette effect to focus on the subject ; Remove unwanted elements with a content-aware brush stroke ; Use the patch tool to clone contents to a new area ; Recompose a photo with the content-aware move tool ; Scale an image without distorting the subject ; Blend separate photos for the best group shot ; Merge multiple photos into an image with high dynamic range ; Use a Puppet Warp to alter perspective ; Apply HDR toning to just one photograph ; Increase depth of field with the auto blend tool ; Maintain perspective when adding text to an image; Erase architectural structures with the vanishing point filter ; Use the Clone Stamp tool to simulate a reflection ; Apply a shape to a wrinkled surface with a displacement map -- Design with text effects. Create a custom watermark to protect your images ; Make text wrap around a subject ; Warp text for a fun effect ; Add perspective to text and keep it sharp ; Create a photo-filled title ; Create a realistic colored shadow ; Design with text and graphics ; Format text with you own paragraph style -- Create digital artwork from photographs. Make any photo appear sketched on the paper ; Add your own signature to any artwork ; Simulate a painted effect with a filter ; Convert a photo to a high-contrast stylized image ; Control the colors to posterize a photo ; Set up the brushes and HUD for your art projects ; Sketch traditionally with digital brushes ; Create a digital pen-and-ink drawing ; Create a pastel drawing from a photograph ; Change a photograph into a pen-and-colored-wash drawing ; Turn a photo into a hand-painted oil painting ; Paint a digital watercolor -- Give your images a professional presentation. Add a quick matte to a photo with a frame action ; Make a simple line frame from within a photo ; Apply a filter to give a photo an artistic edge ; Create a realistic matte to frame your art ; Make a photo look like a gallery print ; Make a contact sheet of your photos ; Create a slide show presentation ; Create a web photo gallery -- Plug in to Photoshop. Enhance colors and light selectively with Nik Viveza ; Colorize a black-and-white photo with Akvis Coloriage ; Convert a photo to a pencil sketch with Akvis Sketch ; Create a gold logo with Alien Skin Eye Candy 6.
- Take your Photoshop skills to the next level Users who already know Photoshop basics will love this colorful, step-by-step guide to new tricks and techniques. Filled with beyond-the-essentials techniques that show how to take your Photoshop skills to the next level, it is lavishly illustrated with beautiful photos that inspire you to experiment. Numbered, step-by-step instructions make the techniques easy to learn, and this edition delves into all the capabilities of Photoshop CS6.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Image processing—Digital techniques
- Computer graphics—Computer programs
- Photography—Digital techniques
- Image processing—Digital techniques—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Computer graphics—Computer programs—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Photography—Digital techniques—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- 9781118204986 (pbk.)
- "Includes 17 bonus tips & tricks!"--Cover.
"Features the 5-star visual learning system"--Cover.
View MARC record | catkey: 19518749