Against immediate evil [electronic resource] : American internationalists and the four freedoms on the eve of World War II / Andrew Johnstone
- Johnstone, Andrew (Andrew E.)
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 228 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Sino-Japanese War and the American Committee for Non-Participation in Japanese Aggression -- The coming of war and the American Union for Concerted Peace Efforts -- The phony war and the Non-Partisan Committee for Peace through Revision of the Neutrality Law -- Blitzkrieg and the Committee to Defend America by Aiding the Allies -- The destroyer bases agreement and the Century group -- Maximum aid and the battle for Lend-Lease -- Deliver the goods and Fight for Freedom -- The Battle of the Atlantic from Barbarossa to Pearl Harbor.
- 9780801453250 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 213-221) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19520754