All joking aside [electronic resource] : American humor and its discontents / Rebecca Krefting
- Krefting, Rebecca, 1978-
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 346 pages ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: American humor and its discontents -- Making connections: building cultural citizenship through charged humor -- Twentieth-century stand-up: a history of charged humor -- Laughing into the new millennium -- When women perform charged humor: the (gendered) politics of consumption -- Robin Tyler: still 'working the crowd' -- Micia Mosely: humor out of the mouths of babes -- Hari Kondabolu: performing in the age of modern-day minstrelsy -- Conclusion: How to avoid the last laugh.
- 9781421414294 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1421414295 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781421414300 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1421414309 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Includes filmographies and discographies.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 245-268) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19521554