The anthropology of labor unions [electronic resource] / edited by E. Paul Durrenberger and Karaleah S. Reichart
- Boulder, Colo. : University Press of Colorado, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 239 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Durrenberger, E. Paul, 1943- and Reichart, Karaleah S.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / E. Paul Durrenberger and Karaleah Reichart -- Miners, women, and community coalitions in the UMWA Pittston Strike / Karaleah Reichart -- Is this what democracy looks like? / E. Paul Durrenberger and Suzan Erem -- With God on everyone's side : truth telling and toxic words among Methodists and organized farmworkers in North Carolina / Sandi Smith-Nonini -- Buying out the union : jobs as property and the UAW / Peter Richardson -- Approaching industrial democracy in nonunion mines : lessons from Wyoming's Powder River basin / Jessica M. Smith -- Small places, close to home : the importance of place in organizing workers / Lydia Savage -- Economic globalization and changing capital-labor relations in Baja California's fresh-produce industry / Christian Zlolniski -- The tobacco trap : obstacles to trade unionism in Malawi / Marty Otañez -- Concluding thoughts / Karen Brodkin -- Afterword / E. Paul Durrenberger and Karaleah Reichart.
- 9780870819650 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0870819658 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19524494