Anxious wealth [electronic resource] : money and morality among China's new rich / John Osburg
- Osburg, John
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 234 pages: illustrations ; 25 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Entertaining is my job" : masculinity, sexuality, and status among Chengdu's entrepreneurs -- "Relationships are the law" : elite networks and corruption in contemporary China -- From fruit plates to license plates : consumption, status, and recognition among Chengdu's elite -- Female entrepreneurs and the "beauty economy" : sexuality, morality, and wealth -- Conclusion : elite networks and public morality.
- 9780804783538 (alk. paper)
9780804783545 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -226) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19524669