Arts activities for children and young people in need [electronic resource] : helping children to develop mindfulness, spiritual awareness and self-esteem / Diana Coholic
- Coholic, Diana, 1966-
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 192 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- The usefullness of holistic arts-based methods -- Spirituality and spiritually sensitive helping -- Mindfulness-base practice -- Building imagination, self-awareness and strengths -- Working in groups.
- "Art-based activities can help to develop resilience and self-esteem, enabling children in need to cope better with ongoing stress, trauma and loss. Arts Activities for Children and Young People in Need offers interventions and exercises drawn from practice and research for practitioners to use as a basis for their own arts-based groups or one-to-one sessions. This accessible book will be of great use to health and education practitioners from a wide variety of disciplines who are involved in working with troubled children and young people."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781849050012 (alk. paper)
1849050015 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 19526446