Being reduced [electronic resource] : new essays on reduction, explanation, and causation / edited by Jakob Hohwy, Jesper Kallestrup
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 312 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hohwy, Jakob and Kallestrup, Jesper
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Reduction and embodied cognition : perspectives from medicine and psychiatry / Valerie Gray Hardcastle and Rosalyn W. Stewart -- Real reduction in real neuroscience : metascience, not philosophy of science (and certainly not metaphysics!) / John Bickle -- Reduction in real life / Peter Godfrey-Smith -- Group agency and supervenience / Christian List and Philip Pettit -- Reduction and reductive explanation : is one possible without the other? / Jaegwon Kim -- CP laws, reduction, and explanatory pluralism / Peter Lipton -- Must a physicalist be a microphysicalist? / David Papineau -- Why there is anything except physics? / Barry Loewer -- Multiple realization : keeping it real / Louise M. Antony -- Causation and determinable properties : on the efficacy of colour, shape, and size / Tim Crane -- The exclusion problem, the determination relation, and contrastive causation / Peter Menzies -- Mental causation and neural mechanisms / James Woodward -- Distinctions in distinction / Daniel Stoljar -- Exclusion again / Karen Bennett.
- 9780199211531 (alk. paper)
0199211531 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19529835