Beyond Anne Frank [electronic resource] : hidden children and postwar families in Holland / Diane L. Wolf
- Wolf, Diane L.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 391 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- S. Mark Taper Foundation imprint in Jewish studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The history and memory of hidden children -- Before and during the war : the Netherlands and the Jews -- After the war : the Jews and the Netherlands -- "My mother screamed and screamed" : memories of occupation, war, and hiding -- "I came home, but I was homesick" : when both parents returned -- "They were out of their minds" : when one parent returned -- "Who am I?": orphans living with families -- "There was never a kind word" : life in Jewish orphanages -- Creating postwar lives, creating collective memory: from the personal to the political.
- 0520226178 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780520226173 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520248104 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780520248106 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 365-380) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19530635