Beyond narrative coherence [electronic resource] / edited by Matti Hyvärinen ... [et al.].
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub., c2010.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 196 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hyvärinen, Matti
- Studies in narrative ; v. 11
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Beyond narrative coherence: an introduction / Matti Hyvärinen -- Weird stories: brain, mind, and self / Maria I. Medved and Jens Brockmeier -- Identity, Self, Narrative / Lars-Christer Hydén -- 'Mind-reading', a method for understanding the broken narrative of an aphasic man / Tarja Aaltonen -- Broken narratives, visual forces: letters, paintings and the event / Maria Tamboukou -- Artists-in-progress: narrative identity of the self as another / Linda Sandino -- Breaking of self-narrative as a means of reorientation? / Vilma Hänninen and Anja Koski-Jännes -- "There is no fear in my lexicon" vs. "You are not normal if you won't be scared": a qualitative semiotic analysis of the 'broken' discourse of Israeli bus drivers who experienced terror attacks / Alison Stern Perez, Yishai Tobin and Shifra Sagy -- Beyond narrative: the shape of traumatic testimony / Molly Andrews -- Afterword: 'even amidst': rethinking narrative coherence / Mark Freeman -- List of contributors.
- 9789027226518 (hb : alk. paper)
9027226512 (hb : alk. paper)
9789027288554 (eb : alk. paper)
9027288550 (eb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19530786