Beyond the developmental state [electronic resource] : industrial policy into the twenty-first century / edited by Ben Fine, Jyoti Saraswati and Daniela Tavasci
- London : Pluto Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 308 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fine, Ben
International Initiative for Promoting Political Economy
- Political economy and development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Beyond the Developmental State: An Introduction / Ben Fine -- 2.The Rise and Fall of the Developmental State? The Case of the Japanese and South Korean Steel Industries / Hajime Sato -- 3.An Alternative Perspective on Industrial Policy: The Case of the South Korean Car Industry / Kwon-Hyung Lee -- 4.Labour and the 'Developmental State': A Critique of the Developmental State Theory of Labour / Dae-oup Chang -- 5.What of the Developmental State beyond Catching Up? The Case of the South Korean Microelectronics Industry / Humam Al-Jazaeri -- 6.Globalisation and the Decline of the Developmental State / Iain Pirie -- 7.The IT Industry and Interventionist Policy in India / Jyoti Saraswati -- 8.Lessons for Nigeria from Developmental States: The Role of Agriculture in Structural Transformation / Eka Ikpe -- 9.Finance and the Developmental State: The Case of Argentina / Daniela Tavasci --
- Moving beyond abstract economic models and superficial descriptions of the market, Beyond the Developmental State analyses the economic, political and ideological interests which underpin both the state and the market.
- 9780745333175 (hbk)
1849649006 (electronic bk.)
9781849649001 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 268-296) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19530895