Bible trouble [electronic resource] : queer reading at the boundaries of biblical scholarship / edited by Teresa Hornsby and Ken Stone
- Atlanta : Society of Biblical Literature Atlanta, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 355 p. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hornsby, Teresa J., 1959- and Stone, Ken (Kenneth A.), 1962-
- Society of Biblical Literature. Semeia studies ; v. 67
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Already queer : a preface / Teresa J. Hornsby and Ken Stone -- Queer Bibles, queer scriptures? : an introductory response / Ellen T. Armour -- From gender reversal to genderfuck : reading Jael through a lesbian lens / Deryn Guest -- From disgust to humor : Rahab's queer affect / Erin Runions -- Queer reading between Bible and film : Paris is burning and the "legendary houses" of David and Saul / Ken Stone -- Penderecki's iron maiden : intimacy and other anomalies in the Canticum canticorum Salomonis / Heidi Epstein -- Queer theory and historical-critical exegesis : queering biblicists : a reponse / S. Tamar Kamionkowski -- Capitalism, masochism, and biblical interpretation / Teresa J. Hornsby -- Lazarus troubles / Jione Havea -- Queering early Christian discourse : the Ethiopian eunuch / Sean D. Burke -- Bodies del otro lado finding life and hope in the borderland : Gloria Anzaldúa, the Ethiopian eunuch of Acts 8:26-40, y Yo / Manuel Villalobos -- The Corinthian women prophets and trans activism : rethinking canonical gender claims / Joseph A. Marchal -- The straight mind in Corinth : problematizing categories and ideologies of gender in 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 / Gillian Townsley -- The pastor and his fops : gender indeterminacy in the pastor and his readers / Jay Twomey -- Gazing at the whore : reading Revelation queerly / Lynn R. Huber -- Queer theology, postcolonial theory, and biblical interpretation : a preliminary exploration of some intersections / Jeremy Punt -- What happens when closets open up? : a response / Michael Joseph Brown.
- 9781589835528 (paper binding : alk. paper) and 9781589835535 (electronic format)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19531107