Bioethics in Singapore [electronic resource] : the ethical microcosm / John M Elliott, W Calvin Ho, Sylvia S N Lim editors
- New Jersey : World Scientific, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 326 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Elliott, John, 1945-, Ho, W. Calvin, and Lim, Sylvia S.N.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The coming of bioethics to Singapore / W. Calvin Ho and Sylvia S.N. Lim -- The impact of the bioethics advisory committee on the research community in Singapore / Charmaine K.M. Chan and Edison T. Liu -- Engaging the public : the role of the media / Chang Ai-Lien and Judith Tan -- Confucian trust and the biomedical regulatory framework in Singapore / Anh Tuan Nuyen -- The clinician-researcher : a servant of two masters? / Alastair V. Campbell, Jacqueline Chin, and Teck Chuan Voo -- The US model for oversight of human stem cell research / Lindsay Parham and Bernard Lo -- Genetics and stem cell research : models of international policy-making / Bartha Maria Knoppers, Emily Kirby, and Rosario Isasi -- Public engagement and bioethics commissions / Thomas H. Murray and Ross S. White -- Norm-making on human-animal chimeras and hybrids in Singapore, the United Kingdom and the international domain / W. Calvin Ho and Martin Bobrow -- How will future bioethical issues engage Singapore? / John Elliott.
- "A 10th anniversary publication of the bioethics advisory committee, Singapore"
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19531567