The biology of musical performance and performance-related injury [electronic resource] / Alan H.D. Watson
- Watson, Alan H. D., 1953-
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 369 p. : ill., music ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction to the tissues of the body -- Posture and the back in musical performance -- The shoulder, arm, and hand : structure and problems -- Breathing in singing and wind playing -- The voice : management and problems -- The embouchure and wind playing -- The structure and organization of the brain -- How the performance of music affects the brain -- Hearing and the processing of musical sound by the brain -- Performance-related stress and its management.
- 9780810863583 (cloth : alk. paper)
0810863588 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780810863590 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0810863596 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- CD-ROM includes illustrations from the book (color versions), animations, soundfiles, and videos.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19531735