Black woman reformer [electronic resource] : Ida B. Wells, lynching, & transatlantic activism / Sarah L. Silkey
- Silkey, Sarah L.
- Additional Titles:
- Ida B. Wells, lynching, and transatlantic activism
- Athens, GA : The University of Georgia Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 206 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- British responses to American lynching -- The emergence of a transatlantic reformer -- The struggle for legitimacy -- Building a transatlantic debate on lynching -- American responses to British protest -- A transatlantic legacy.
- Wells-Barnett, Ida B., 1862-1931—Travels
- African American women—Biography
- African American women civil rights workers—Biography
- African American women social reformers—Biography
- Lynching—United States—Foreign public opinion, British
- Civil rights workers—United States—Biography
- Social reformers—United States—Biography
- Public opinion—Great Britain—History—18th century
- 9780820345574 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 9780820346922 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 181-199) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19532414