Blues music in the sixties [electronic resource] : a story in Black and White / Ulrich Adelt
- Adelt, Ulrich, 1972-
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 192 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Being Black twice : crossover politics in B.B. King's music of the late 1960s -- Like I was a bear or somethin' : blues performances at the Newport Folk Festival -- Trying to find an identity : Eric Clapton's changing conception of blackness -- Germany gets the blues : race and nation at the American Folk Blues Festival -- Enough to make you want to sing the blues : Janis Joplin's life and music -- Resegregating the blues : race and authenticity in the pages of Living blues.
- 9780813547503 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0813547504 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 171-178), discography (p. 179-181), and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19532872