The border between them [electronic resource] : violence and reconciliation on the Kansas-Missouri line / Jeremy Neely
- Neely, Jeremy, 1975-
- Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 305 p. : maps ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Jeremy Neely recounts the exploits of John Brown, William Quantrill, and other notorious guerrillas, as well as the stories of everyday people who lived through the conflict that marked the terrible first act of the American Civil War. He then examines how emancipation, industrialization, and immigration eventually eroded wartime divisions"--Provided by publisher.
- Violence—Kansas—History—19th century
- Violence—Missouri—History—19th century
- Reconciliation—History—19th century
- Kansas—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Social aspects
- Missouri—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Social aspects
- United States—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Social aspects
- United States—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Biography
- 9780826217295 (hard cover : alk. paper)
082621729X (hard cover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-290) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19533317